Sunday, May 8, 2011

Ladybug Pots

Last week was Teacher Appreciation week. The administration of our preschool gave our teachers a great luncheon on Tuesday. As a small token, I wanted to give them something special and since our theme was "garden party" I decided to create Ladybug pots and plant a flower in them. These were the centerpieces for the tables as well as a take home gift for the teachers.

I picked up some clay pots (4 inch) at the local home store. I spray painted them red and then used sponge, cut in a circle, to make the ladybug spots in black.  Each pot was finished off with a red begonia plant. I think they turned out pretty cute...



I ended up making two big ones (12 inch) for our mothers for Mother's Day...those I loaded up with purple petunias...I loved them so much, I have another clay pot in the garage just waiting to be painted up for use on my deck!!




Happy Hands!!
Bev

No comments:

Post a Comment